Monday, May 21, 2007

Quotes of the Day 21.5.2007: The Bob Piper Edition

It is not often that I have something good to write about Sandwell Councillor Bob Piper, but on this occasion, he has come up with some good observations and cracking quotes:
"If I had to choose a winner it would be Manchester. They at least like to attack, have two players of genuine world class ability (no, not you Rio) and feign injury less often than Drogba, Robben and that Brian Phelps of the football pitch Joe Cole, and I'm sure I cannot be alone in finding almost everything Ashley Cole says or does to be utterly repugnant. Finally, Manchester United have a manager that even I, who detest them, have to admire. Prior to building a good side at Aberdeen, Ferguson had been sacked by St Mirren for "unpardonable swearing at a lady on club premises" allegedly whilst under the inflence of alcohol.... the St Mirren directors must feel like that guy from Decca who passed up a chance to sign the Beatles. At Manchester United Ferguson has built at least three good teams and in my opinion only Brian Clough comes close to emulating his achievements in post war English football."

No comments: