Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What A Waste Of Bloody Time!

Ever feel that you are going nowhere expect head-first into a brick wall? That has been the story of my life over the past year in my futile quest for full-time paid employment. I just got turned down for a job for about the 187,247th time, this time by Alun Cairns AM.
Credit where credit is due, Mr. Cairns is a classy individual who had a tough decision to make, and choose the candidate who best suited his requirements (the candidate in question is the one who I thought on the day would get the job). I have no problem with that or the lucky candidate, especially since Mr. Cairns had the courtesy to ring all of the candidates to let them know the news. My problem is with myself and the catch-22 situation I seem to find myself up against.
I went to university and graduated in the hope of getting a decent job for all my hard work after years of struggling with self-doubt, chav scum and crazy political extremists such as "Fluffy" Helen Watters and Paul Hunt. Instead, I find myself bloody stuck on the dole, messed around with by the Job Centre while all my application attempts get either stonewalled and or turned down because I haven't got the experience required. The latter reason really does do my head in because how can I get the experience when I keep getting rejection notices all the bloody time?
I've aimed high and been turned down for lacking experience and I've aimed low and still been turned down for being over-qualified. I've applied both locally and further a field and I'm still getting nowhere. It sickens me that complete and utter morons like Harriet Harperson, Bob Piper, Terry Kelly, John Prescott and Jade Goody can get paid employment, yet I cannot. I'm awake 18 hours a day, six-days-a-week holding down three voluntary jobs and have to attend a New Deal training centre most weekdays where some of the people have made it very clear that they don't want paid employment (one of whom was a known local drug dealer) and I still can't get a proper job. I'm so depressed, I feel like doing a Virginia Tech Massacre of my own on the world.
Going to university was the biggest mistake of my life as not only was I politically persecuted by Watters, Hunt as well as libelled and oppressed by them, the Students' "Soviet" Union and that corrupt pervert "Dirty" Barry Burnham, getting my degree has done nothing to improve my chances of employment (quite the opposite in fact). I'm also up to my head in student debt with no prospect of ever being able to pay it off.
This is the reality of my miserable life in Blair and Brown's Fourth Reich.

11 comments:

Gordon's Gofer said...

On good god you whinging bastard. Dare i suggest you havn't got a job because your a pain in the arse who thinks they are better than everyone else including the Deputy Prime Minister (i thought you Tories were into defference)

PS.. Ive got a job and heres a tip ... shag around its a good way to make contacts.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your situation, but it's not unique. There's a Czech girl I know who graduated from a US university in political science and couldn't/can't get a political job for lack of experience or a civvie job because people hiring her were intimidated by her cv or concluded that her heart wouldn't be in it. Leave it to our friends on the left to pathologise, though. What you need is some good advice. If it helps, drop me a note.

jailhouselawyer said...

Is this the new blog for the BNP? You could always get a job selling flags...

Sir-C4' said...

Is this the new blog for the BNP?

Perhaps my BNP bashing has gone over your granny-killing head?

Gordon's Gofer said...

ive just spent ten minutes having a read of your blog.. I think its great reminds me why i hate people like you.

PS your photo makes you look like a Nazi!

PPS why don't you "get on your bike" because its really easy to get a job as long as you try..as long as we all understand that Thatcherism works or maybe you could use a hand from the state like when it paid for your eductaion and your dole.. must remember state = bad..

but hang on isn't it the state that let you piss around on political philosphy courses and then piss around on a crap blog.

lots of love
Gofer

Sir-C4' said...

PPS why don't you "get on your bike" because its really easy to get a job as long as you try..as long as we all understand that Thatcherism works or maybe you could use a hand from the state like when it paid for your eductaion and your dole.. must remember state = bad..

I do not have a bike - I walk for two hours from my home to my present work placement and I walk for two hours to get back home from my placement. I do this six-days-a-week. Now that takes willpower!

Unknown said...

isn't it the state that let you piss around on political philosphy courses and then piss around on a crap blog.

Labour's attitude to freedom in a nutshell.

jailhouselawyer said...

Have you not thought of being a stand up comedian? Your woe is me line is very amusing. Or, failing that, a clown?

Danivon said...

Well, I wonder if Cairns recognises you from your post and lets all his colleagues know how gracious you are in defeat.

I'm sure your blog is a marvellous recruitment boon - to other applicants.

A BA(Hons) and everything, eh, and you haven't figured out when it's a good time to keep your mouth shut.

I suggest you practice for your next job interview. It's "do you want fries with that?", Maccy D's don't sell chips.

hugs n kisses!

Sir-C4' said...

Jailhouse Lawyer: Actually, I have done some stand-up. I was very good at it and enjoyed myself.

Danvion: I'm a bad loser! Show a good loser and you can bet that the person in question is a loser. If had bothered to read my post properly, you'll note that I blame myself and myself alone. There is nothing wrong with being frustrated or venting that frustration on my blog. Just because I feel like going postal, doesn't mean that I will actually do that. Remember, our thoughts are worse than ourselves.

Chris Paul said...

C4:

Get honest feedback from the jobs you most wanted and learn from it if it is sensible feedback

Begin with the end in sight - what job to you want to have in 20 years, 10 years, 5 years - take steps towards that even if they are quite different to the ones you have been taking

Reverse engineer the whole process of getting that dream job ... in a few years time, unlikely to be straight there

(What other jobs had the new AM's assistant had before?)

Consider self employment as a route, supplemented by other work, possibly a short start up course with support and funding

Do more stand up if you enjoy it and are quite good at it

Why are you spending four hours a day commuting? Not saying it's bad. Just curious. That's four hours of not making progress towards your dream job

If it's for health then do 30 mins harder exercise instead

If it's to save costs volunteer more locally or work from home

If it's to be green then a push bike or home working or a nearer work are all just as green

(Yes, even the bike)

Ignore Jailhouse! He is not exactly the careers advisor du choix!!