Monday, April 23, 2007

Persecution At University

I have just watched some footage from the videos and other media sent to NBC by the Virginia Tech Killer Cho Seung-Hui and it felt like looking into a mirror at myself. Whether Cho was correct or incorrect in his 'assessment' about the way he was treated by others, Cho clearly felt he was a victim of persecution as a result of his experiences. I can understand that feeling because I myself was persecuted at university by an unholy alliance of corrupt officials such as "Dirty" Barry Burnham and Jew-hating Stalinist gangsters; and like Cho, there were many a time where I wanted to gun down, stab and kill these people for what they did to me. However, there is one huge difference between Cho and myself; I held back from killing anyone because if I had done what Cho did, I would have become no better than those who I despised. I also held back because I wanted to create a better future for myself and if I had gone postal like Cho, I would have spent the rest of my life in jail, without a future and deservedly so.
What Cho Seung-Hui did was unforgivable and though I understand what he thought he was going through, I have no sympathy for him at all as a result of his evil actions.

No comments: