Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wills And Kate To Tie The Knot - Claim

A group of MPs has been told that Kate Middleton and Prince William are certain to marry. The claim was made by a veteran tabloid photographer, who said it was based on conversations with the prince.
Sun snapper Arthur Edwards was talking to MPs about the self-regulation of the press.
He said he felt sorry for Miss Middleton when he saw footage of the way she was treated by packs of paparazzi photographers.
"When I saw the pack break and they all surrounded her I felt awful about that and it does remind me of what happened to Princess Diana and I hope we don't make that same mistake again," he said.
"I think we should pull back a bit and start to look at this girl's life.
"She's a private citizen, she needs a bit of space, she's in love with Prince William - I'm sure of that and I'm sure one day they'll get married and I've talked to William about this."
He added: "I have talked to him about that and he's made it clear... he wants to get married."
Mr Edwards said the royals had been "open season" for The Sun in the 1980s but his job was very different now.
"When celebrities appear in newspapers I just think a lot of it is brought on themselves - they call the papers, get in there and, by and large, they enjoy it," he said.
"It helps them sell their music and their films."

No comments: