Monday, November 13, 2006

Remembering Eddie Guerrero

It is hard to believe that it was exactly year ago today that the great Eddie Guerrero passed away. I still cannot believe that Eddie is dead because I keep thinking that he will return to WWE as if he is only injured. I still miss Eddie today as much as I did when I found out that he had died.
I was once privileged enough to watch Eddie wrestle in person at the Birmingham NEC during a Smack Down television taping on Tuesday 26 April 2005 when he and Rey Mysterio clashed with MNM for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Not only was this contest the best of the evening, it was also the one where Eddie abandoned his tag team partner and rival Rey to a chorus of "EDDIE SUCKS" chants having only a short time earlier been the most popular man in the building. Despite the change of heart from most of the crowd, some of us (myself included) still cheered for Eddie because we respected and admired him as both an entertainer and a human being.
Eddie was not perfect as has past been publicly documented, but by overcoming his inner demons, he became an inspirational figure to all true prowrestling fans.

No comments: